E-commerce giant of Pakistan Daraz.pk breaks records by collecting a revenue of PKR one billion in its annual Sales On Black Friday November 25th 2016. This is the first time in Pakistan that a online store made this much of revenue in a single day.
This was not a one day task for Daraz. Daraz worked with its brands and vendors for months. They ensured deep stocks availablility for all the top products, allowing tens of thousands of customers to enjoy the great deals.
“Reaching Rs 1 billion in sales on a single day is a milestone not only for Daraz, but for all of Pakistan. E-commerce is no longer a small part of the market but a cornerstone of the retail market. This year we focused on having a very large assortment of deals with deep inventory and a great shopping experience, so all our customers could get the products they had been dreaming of. I want to thank our sellers and our amazing team for making this possible,” said Bjarke Mikkelsen, Co-CEO Daraz Group
Here are few amazing facts about Daraz Black Friday sale:
- This year at 10am, Daraz had already surpassed the number of orders that happened in last years’ Black Friday.
- Daraz received orders equal to two regular days in the first 10 seconds of the sale.
- The most amazing was Zong’s special 1GB for Rs 1 during Black Friday, which was sold out in 10 minutes.
- 55% of the customers bought the products by using a mobile device which showed how Pakistan is increasingly a mobile-first market.
- Customers now trust pre payment and 35% of the total orders were prepaid transactions with Easypaisa mobile account.
- The android app of Daraz was trending on the app store so much that made the app down for an hour.
- More Ponds and Sunsilk bundles were sold on Black Friday than in whole year of 2016.
- 20% of Pakistan’s internet population visited Daraz during this mega sale of the year.
There was no trend of Black Friday in Pakistan until last year when Daraz introduced the concept. This year the Black Friday was all over in Pakistan and almost all online stores were offering discounts on Black Friday.
Not only online stores but this year there was a surge of people in all the leading malls in many cities. We saw the people queuing up outside retail stores for the many Black Friday sales that stores were offering.